Wednesday, May 30, 2012

More Great Quotes

"Instead of preaching the good news that sinners can be made righteous in Christ and escape the wrath to come, the gospel has degenerated into the pretext that we can be happy in Christ and escape the hassles of life."
- Ray Comfort

"Keep looking up...with your face down."
- _Disciple_

One day a lady criticized D. L. Moody for his methods of evangelism in attempting to win people to the Lord.
Moody's reply was "I agree with you. I don't like the way I do it either. Tell me, how do you do it?"
The lady replied, "I don't do it."
Moody responded "I like my way of doing it better than your way of not doing it."

"Joy is the byproduct of obedience."
- Unknown

"My greatest thought is my accountability to God."
- Daniel Webster

"The christian life is an impossible one and it isn't for everyone.
You must enter through the narrow where you must leave everything behind and be stripped naked of yourself. You must get rid of your pride. Many so-called christians are on the wide road leading to destruction. They may have all the outward signs of being a christian (go to church, serve, read their bible, pray, etc.) but there is no inward change of repentance." - Unknown

No comments: